If you own a home in Rahway, or if you want to own a home in Rahway, this is the place to be for information about real estate values this spring.
Here’s what’s been happening lately.
- 34 homes were sold in Rahway in July, compared to the twelve month average of 29 homes sold per month.
- 113 homes were offered for sale in Rahway in July- compared to the 12 month average of 131.
|12 month average||131||28.9|
- More sales, even a conservative increase, will serve to reduce the inventory. As inventory shrinks, demand for homes usually increases. This can help to raise prices and/or shorten the length of time homes are on the market.
Realtors use an analysis called Months of Inventory to evaluate the real estate market. The Months of Inventory is equal to how long it would take to sell the existing inventory if no new houses were put on the market. When the Months of Inventory is below four months, realtors call it a seller’s market because the supply is relatively low so sellers have a stronger position in negotiations between a buyer and a seller. When the Months of Inventory is above seven months, realtors call it a buyer’s market because the supply is relatively high and buyers have a stronger position in negotiations. Months of Inventory between four and seven is considered a normal market with a good balance of buyers and sellers.
Rahway currently has 3.32 months of inventory available which means we are experiencing a seller’s market. This means there are fewer homes available than there are buyers. Typically, this results in faster sales and higher sales prices.
- Average sale price in Rahway in July was $303,950 – compared to the 12 month average of $269,560.
- Average list price in Rahway in July was $306,081 – compared to the 12 month average of $288,019
|Average List Price||Average Sale Price|
|12 month average||$288,019||$269,560|
- Consumer confidence helps increase prices. Rahway has had a slow but steady improvement in prices for several years.
Days on Market:
- In July, the average sold home in Rahway was on the market for 43 days – compared to a 12 month average of 55 days.
|Days on Market|
|12 month average||55|
- Shortened Days on Market is typical in the spring.
What this means for buyers:
- Be educated. Learn what kind of home you want. Decide with your family members what you need in a home and what you want in a home.
- Be informed. Spend some time getting to know the inventory. Learn what homes look like in your price range. Learn what home features you can afford.
- Be ready. Have your pre-approval ready so that you can act quickly when you find your perfect home.
What this means for sellers:
- If you’re on the fence about selling your home, this may be the perfect opportunity to get the most money in the shortest amount of time.
- Even in a shrinking inventory situation, you’re still competing with other homes on the market. View the other homes that are offered for sale and make sure your home is the best one in its price range.
- Make your home available for potential buyers.