Changing the clock for the beginning of DST and the end of DST is a great time to remember to do the biannual tasks every homeowner needs to remember.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector and check them to make sure they still work.
- Check the fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Does it need to be inspected or replaced?
- Have a fire drill with your family. Make sure everyone knows how to get our of the house and where to meet in case of an emergency.
- Change your furnace’s air filter to maximize its efficiency.
- Vacuum the dryer lint filter.
- Vacuum the refrigerator coils.
- Clean any sediments in the bottom of your hot water heater.
- Check your water softener and add salt if necessary.
- Changer your thermostat settings for the new season!
- Clean your gutters.
What would you add to the list?