Homeowners and home buyers in Linden are smart to learn about the real estate market to help make an informed decision about when to buy and sell a home in Linden .
Here’s what’s been happening lately.
- 46 homes were sold in Linden in June – compare to 39 in June, 2016.
- 211 homes were offered for sale in Linden in June – compared to 274 in June of 2016
- As inventory shrinks, demand for homes usually increases. This can help to raise prices and/or shorten the length of time homes are on the market.
- Average sale price in Linden in June was $251,278 – compared to the 12 month average of $237,481, representing a 5.8% improvement in price.
- Average list price in Linden in June was $263,580- compared to the 12 month average of $246,779.
- Consumer confidence helps increase prices. Linden has had a slow but steady improvement in prices for several years.
Days on Market:
- In June , the average sold home in Linden was on the market for 60 days – compared to 80 days in May.
- Shortened Days on Market is typical in the spring.
What this means for buyers:
- Be educated. Learn what kind of home you want. Decide with your family members what you need in a home and what you want in a home.
- Be informed. Spend some time getting to know the inventory. Learn what homes look like in your price range. Learn what home features you can afford.
- Be ready. Have your pre-approval ready so that you can act quickly when you find your perfect home.
What this means for sellers:
- If you’re on the fence about selling your home, this may be the perfect opportunity to get the most money in the shortest amount of time.
- Even in a shrinking inventory situation, you’re still competing with other homes on the market. View the other homes that are offered for sale and make sure your home is the best one in its price range.
- Make your home available for potential buyers.
For more information on our Linden featured property, 326 North Stiles Street, please click here.
To see earlier market reports of Linden , please click here. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a Linden home, please call us at 908-917-4189.
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers’ clients. We cooperate with them fully.